(I’m simply sharing this information because it caught my attention, I’ve seen a lot of documentaries and movies like we all have, it’s creepy, and interesting. If I go through the trouble of doing the research I figure I might as well share it and save others the time. I’ve blogged about similar things before so I know to avoid any misunderstandings I should have a short disclaimer: I’m not making any statements as scientific or proven facts or saying anything about any religion, or that possession is possible and/or exists, or that these are true, or demons are real, or if they aren’t real. Whether you believe or not is totally up to you, but play with demons at your own risk)
We’ll start with poor Anneliese:
who as far as I know is the most popular story, besides maybe Robbie Mannheim who we’ll get to next. First is a link the alleged actual audio of the exorcism (this was before video was available)
– Anneliese Michel was a controversial case, as well as the subject of many fictional accounts of her tragic story, most notably the 2005 courtroom drama The Exorcism of Emily Rose. Sixteen year-old Anneliese Michel had a history of epilepsy and mental illness, for which she had often been treated at a psychiatric hospital. However, in 1973 Michel become suicidal, spurned all religious artifacts, drank her own urine, and began to hear voices. Medicine did nothing to help the girl, who begged her family to bring in a priest because she believed that she was possessed by demons. Though her request was rejected, two local priests secretly began treating her with exorcism rites. Meanwhile, her parents stopped treating her epilepsy and mental disorders. She was dead within a year.
Michel had almost seventy exorcisms performed on her over the course of ten months. She refused to eat, and often talked of dying as a martyr. Anneliese Michel died from emaciation and starvation. Consequently, her parents and the priests responsible were charged with negligent homicide..
(Side note: when the priest asked the demon to say it’s name, supposedly there were 6 of them possessing her and one of them said it’s name was Hitler.. Hitler was a criminal that rose to unbelievable power to the point some people basically worshipped him even though he committed some of the most horrific acts in history to a certain race/RELIGION. There were almost 20 attempted assassinations on him, even by his own men, all of which failed. He “took over” about 25% of the planet, and was never technically brought to justice or killed. They say he committed suicide, but just a personal “what-if-theory” for fun, maybe demons or possession played a part?)
– Another famous account was Robbie Mannheim “Roland Doe”
– Known as the “real” story behind the novel and Hollywood movie The Exorcist, the tale of fourteen year-old Roland Doe is one of the most notorious stories of demonic possession. In fact, Roland Doe is not his real name; it is a pseudonym assigned to him by the Catholic church in order to preserve the boy’s privacy. In the late 1940s, Doe’s aunt encouraged him to use a Ouija board, and many speculate that after her death the boy attempted to contact his aunt with the Ouija board, an act which opened the door for the demons who wished to possess him.
– The possession started with strange sounds, like dripping water, that no one could place. Eventually, religious artifacts began to quake and fly off the walls, and unexplained footsteps and scratching noises could be heard around the home. Scratches began to appear on the boy’s body, including words that seemed to have been carved into his flesh by unseen claws. The boy spoke in tongues in a guttural voice and levitated in the air, with his body contorted in pain.
– His family brought in a Catholic priest, who determined that the boy was possessed by evil spirits and needed an exorcism. The exorcism ritual was performed over thirty times, with the boy injuring the priest many times throughout. When, at last, the rite was successful, the entire hospital heard Doe’s cries of bestial anguish and reported a horrible sulfuric odor hanging in the air..
– Possessions – Sometimes things occur at a location that cause people to believe the place is haunted by ghosts. In some cases that might be the case, while in others there could be a reasonable and logical explanation for the occurrences. However, there are those few dreaded times when neither is true. There are times when the things that are happening are the things of a nightmare. Sometimes mysterious scratches appear in threes on someone’s skin. Unexplained fires start in the home with no logical reason. Poltergeist activity is at an all time high. Dark shadowy images are seen roaming the house causing hair to stand on end. A feeling of evil, heaviness, and dread can be sensed throughout the house. Pets or family members begin to act strangely. It is when these things take place that you might want to consider an alternate course of action. The reason is because when these things are happening in your home, then you might be dealing with a demonic entity.
– The term “demons” did not always have the drastic negative connotation that it has today. In fact, the fabled ancient writer named Homer used the terms “demons” and “gods” interchangeably. At one time it was believed that demons were intermediaries between men and gods and that demons were once men. Plutarch said, “human souls as commencing, first heroes, then demons, and afterward as advancing to a more sublime degree.” Philo of Byblos also draws on this same tradition when he stated, “The most ancient of the barbarians, especially the Phoenicians and Egyptians, from whom other people derived this custom, accounted those the greatest gods who had found out things most necessary and useful in life and had been benefactors to mankind.”
– However, our current use of the term “demon” is to denote a malignant spirit. It comes to us primarily from the “New Testament” writers. There is still uncertainty as to whether or not demons are considered to be distinct and separate from the Devil and his fallen angels. Perhaps they are the twisted evil spirits of humans, who’ve passed on after living torturous lives. The evil that lived within a person in life has transformed into its true form, after the physical death of the person, therefore becoming what we would consider to be a demon. This is not such a far fetched theory for one, who believes in ghostly spirits.
– One thing that is certain is demons are dangerous. According to multiple sources you shouldn’t even say their name out loud, the more attention you give them the easier it is to “contact” you. Do not think you can attempt to do battle with one on your own. It takes the right kind of experience and sufficient knowledge to deal with these evil entities. If you believe you are being oppressed by a demonic entity, contact your local church or a paranormal group that has a demonologist handy. Don’t think you are alone. Someone out there can and is willing to assist you.
– Infestation – Scary things occur in the dark, but stop when lights go on. Scratches (in 3 mocks the holy trinity). 666, mark of the beast. Same time every night… 2am or 3am. Might appear as a human with some type of abnormality to use deception, such as missing limbs; divide and conquer by appearing for one person, not another creating confusion, doubt, fear, and panic. Person begins to feel alone becoming vulnerable to possession. Demons can pose as dead relatives, but will never say they love God.
Oppression – Attacks might go on all day and night to wear down household making a possession easier.
Incubus – A male demon, who sexually attacks a female victim.
Succubus – A female demon, who sexually attacks a male victim.
Possession – It feels like a hot rag sensation, tingling all over, paralysis, pressure on the body, feels like electricity, gasping for breath, speaking in another language or backwards. Ouija board can be a doorway to invite evil spirits. Victims often have no memory of the possession.
– Exorcism – Things might be calm temporarily, but the activity could resume with more intensity. Medal of St. Benedict should be worn as protection from demons.
-There is little doubt that most of what was formerly described in the past as “demon possession” would today be diagnosed as some sort of mental illness by most scholars or authorities, and subsequently treated accordingly. Nevertheless, there are actually quite a number of cases where demonic possession does seem to occur.
– The Roman Catholic Church does continue to, although preferably with as little publicity as possible, perform exorcisms almost on a regular basis according to author, Ralph Sarchie, in his book Beware the Night.
– Unfortunately, throughout history mental illness and bad narcotics reactions have sometimes been mistaken for demonic possession. Therefore, it is very important to be fully aware of the traditional signs associated with an actual demonic possession. While some signs are quite obvious, there are a few that are subtle enough to be confused by an uneducated witness or victim.
– The Stages of an Exorcism
Presence – The demon shows its presence in some way.
Pretense – The demon begins its games by hiding and pretending not to be within the person, who is possessed.
Breakpoint – The demon is finally forced to reveal its true self.
Voice – The demon uses its own voice to speak through its victim.
Clash – The battle between good and evil truly begins with the might of God on one side against the Devil and his minions.
Expulsion – The demon is forced to flee the body of the possessed person and is banished back to Hell.
– Demoniacal Prophesy – In the old days people had a sort of faith in the prophetic words spoken by those whom they believed to be possessed by demons. This was sometimes a component of the ancient oracles. It is also worth pointing out that a respected modern-day professor of psychology once witnessed a friend, who was suffering from paranoid schizophrenia make a specific prophecy that turned out to be surprisingly accurate. The professor had no reasonable explanation for this prophesy. One is tempted to hypothesize that there is a link between altered mental states and psychic ability, which might explain what happened.
-Some also associate the very popular, albeit dangerous game, Ouija board, with demoniacal prophesies.
-If you’ve seen Linda Blair in the 1973 thriller, The Exorcist, you might recall this was how her characters demonic possession originated. By using a Ouija board it is believed one can open a doorway to all kinds of spirits. Is it really worth the risk?
NEVER ask the board when you or anyone else is going to die. Why the hell would you want to know such a thing? Are you stupid?
DO NOT tell the board to move something in the room or ask for physical signs. You’re asking for trouble. Fires have started in this manner.
NEVER invite a spirit or whatever it is to come to you or to stay with you. It could be a demonic entity and could lead to your possession.
DO NOT tell the board to curse or hurt someone else. If you want revenge on someone, just kick their ass.
DO NOT play while you are feeling depressed or sick. A demon can easily take advantage of your weakened state of mind.
DO NOT use the board as a tool to mess with people’s heads by trying to scare them. Once again, this is not really a game. It is a tool.
-Ouija boards should not be used during scientific investigations of the paranormal. There is no scientific credibility to these boards. Nobody truly knows what’s really behind these mysterious boards, or whether it is a positive or negative entity. Furthermore, no one with credibility themselves can claim to possess that knowledge. These boards are to be used with the utmost care and caution. They are dangerous portals into the unknown. Never take them lightly or beware the consequences.
– More alleged accounts of Possesion –
**** Clara Germana Cele – In 1906, Clara Germana Cele was a Christian student at St. Michael’s Mission in Natal, South Africa. For some reason, Cele prayed and made a pact with Satan when she was sixteen years-old, and just days later, Cele was overtaken by strange impulses. She was repulsed by religious artifacts like crucifixes, she could speak and understand several languages of which she had no previous knowledge, and she became clairvoyant regarding the thoughts and histories of the people around her.
– Nuns who attended to Cele reported that she produced horrible, animalistic sounds; she also levitated up to five feet in the air. Eventually, two priests were brought in to perform an exorcism. Cele tried to strangle one of the priests with his stole, and over one hundred and seventy people witnessed her levitating as the priests read Scripture. Over the course of two days, the rites of exorcism successfully drove the dark spirits from her body.
**** “Julia” – In 2008, Dr. Richard E. Gallagher, a board-certified psychiatrist and associate professor of clinical psychiatry at New York Medical College, documented the case of a patient nicknamed “Julia” whom he deduced was indeed possessed by demons. It’s rare that a scientist and psychiatrist would acknowledge the possibility of possession; typically doctors think that possession is either fraudulent or a result of mental illness.
– Dr. Gallagher personally observed items flying around the room, Julia levitating off the bed, speaking in tongues, and knowing things about people around her that she could not possibly have known. Here is an excerpt from Gallagher’s statement:
– “Periodically, in our presence, Julia would go into a trance state of a recurring nature,” writes Gallagher. “Mentally troubled individuals often ‘dissociate,’ but Julia’s trances were accompanied by an unusual phenomenon: Out of her mouth would come various threats, taunts and scatological language, phrases like ‘Leave her alone, you idiot,’ ‘She’s ours,’ ‘Leave, you imbecile priest,’ or just ‘Leave.’ The tone of this voice differed markedly from Julia’s own, and it varied, sometimes sounding guttural and vaguely masculine, at other points high pitched. Most of her comments during these ‘trances,’ or at the subsequent exorcisms, displayed a marked contempt for anything religious or sacred.”
**** Arne Cheyenne Johnson – Known as the “Demon Murder Trial,” the case of Arne Cheyenne Johnson is the first known court case in the United States during which the defense attempted to prove that the defendant was not guilty by reason of possession.
– In 1981, Arne Cheyenne Johnson murdered his landlord, Alan Bono, in Connecticut. Johnson’s attorneys argued that his actions indicated a pattern of erratic behavior that had begun when Johnson was just a child. Johnson’s family had even consulted with “demonologists” Ed and Lorraine Warren, saying that the child had been taunted and harassed by unknown entities for most of his life. They also asserted that his evil-doings resulted not from a psychological disorder, but from demonic possession.
– Ultimately, the judge ruled that demonic possession was not a valid defense against first-degree murder. Johnson was convicted and served a mere five years of his ten to twenty year sentence.
**** David Berkowitz, AKA “Son of Sam” –
In 1976, the people of New York City were terrorized by a serial killer known as the “Son of Sam,” or the “.44 Caliber Killer.” For more than a year, the killer lead police on a wild goose chase, leaving behind taunting notes at the crime scenes. Six people were killed and seven others severely wounded in the “Summer of Sam.”
– When the killer was finally apprehended, he was identified as David Berkowitz. Berkowitz confessed to all of the shootings and claimed that he was commanded to kill by a demon. Berkowitz did not claim to be possessed himself, however; he claimed that his neighbor’s dog was possessed, and the dog had ordered him to perform the killings. Berkowitz was sentenced to six life sentences, and in the mid-1990s he issued an amendment to his confession, claiming that he had indeed been a member of a Satanic cult that had orchestrated the incidents as part of a ritual murder.
**** Michael Taylor – Michael Taylor and his wife, Christine, lived in a small town in Great Britain called Ossett. The couple was very religious, and had joined a Christian prayer group lead by Marie Robinson. At one meeting in 1974, Christine Taylor accused her husband and Robinson of having an affair, which both people hotly denied. Michael Taylor then spewed obscenities and began acting extremely erratic and out of character, leading witnesses to think that he seemed possessed by evil.
“Michael Taylor, from the English town of Ossett, was a member of the local Christian Fellowship Group. In 1974, Taylor started to behave oddly toward the leader of the group, Marie Robinson. He was aggressive and often angry for no apparent reason. As the months went by, Taylor finally admitted that he felt the Devil inside him. Eventually, the local vicar intervened and decided to perform an exorcism on Taylor. The all-night session was thought to be a success, casting a total of 40 demons from him.
– Sadly, the story doesn’t end there. The priests warned him that there may be more demons laying dormant when they left. Taylor no longer believed he was possessed, but he was convinced his 29-year-old wife was. That night he brutally murdered her, tearing out her eyes and tongue. He then ran into the street naked and covered in blood, shouting, “It is the blood of Satan.” Taylor was cleared of his wife’s murder by reason of insanity, but ordered to spend two years in Broadmoor, the high-security psychiatric hospital.”
**** George Lukins – In 1778, English tailor George Lukins claimed to be possessed. The man would often sing in a voice and language that was not his own, and finally neighbors, concerned by his increasingly frightening behavior, reached out to the church to help the man.
– Lukins was sent to a hospital for over twenty months, but doctors could not help him. His caregivers discharged him, even more convinced that his affliction was demonic in nature. During his possession, a very violent Lukins reportedly claimed that he was the devil, barked like a dog, and sang hymns backward. In 1778, after Lukins claimed to be possessed by seven demons that could only be driven out by seven clergymen, the church got involved. Seven priests assembled at Temple Church, where they performed an exorcism. When the ceremony was over, priests claimed that the man had been delivered from the demons who possessed him, and George Lukins exclaimed, “Blessed Jesus!” Lukins then praised God, recited the Lord’s prayer, and thanked the priests.
**** Anna Ecklund: The Earling Possession – By the time she was just fourteen years-old, a girl from Earling, Iowa named Anna Ecklund began showing signs of demonic possession. The girl had been raised a devout Catholic, however her father and aunt, who practiced witchcraft, allegedly cursed the girl routinely and used herbs to taint her food. Soon, she could not tolerate religious artifacts, became sexually depraved, and could not enter a church. In 1912, the girl underwent a successful exorcism, but after being “cured” of her possession, her father and aunt prayed to Satan for her to suffer even more, and within a year the girl had become possessed by multiple entities, many of whom are said to be the same spirits who possessed Annaliese Michel.
– In 1928, Ecklund again sought help from the church. She was placed in a convent where her exorcism would take place, and the girl’s behavior worsened while in the care of the nuns. When the nuns would bless her food before entering her room, Ecklund could sense the blessing. She would hiss at the nuns and throw the food on the floor. She would tolerate food that had not been blessed. Witnesses testified to seeing the girl speak and understand foreign languages she’d never heard before. They also claimed that she defied gravity by levitating and clinging to the wall. The girl was clairvoyant and often vomited and spit at the priests. Her eyes bulged and her body was so bloated and heavy that she nearly broke the iron bed on which she lay.
– After twenty-three days and three complete exorcism rituals, the clergymen finally declared her free from the demons who had possessed her.
This last story is one that could be possession, an urban legend, or simply pure raging insanity
THE RUSSIAN SLEEP EXPERIMENT
~ Russian researchers in the late 1940s kept 5 people awake for fifteen days using an experimental gas based stimulant. They were kept in a sealed environment to monitor their oxygen intake so the gas didn’t kill them, since it was toxic in high concentrations. This was before closed circuit cameras so they had only microphones and porthole sized windows into the chamber to monitor them. The chamber was stocked with books, cots with no bedding, water and toilet, and enough dried food to last them for over a month. The subjects were political prisoners (and considered enemies) during World War II.
– Everything was fine for the first 5 days; they hardly complained having been promised (falsely) that they’d be freed if they submitted to the test and didn’t sleep for 30 days. Their conversations and activities were monitored and it was noted that they continued to talk about increasingly traumatic incidents in their past, and the general tone of their conversations took on a darker aspect after the 4 day mark.
– After five days they started to complain about the circumstances and events that lead them to where they were and started to show severe paranoia. They stopped talking to each other and began alternately whispering to the microphones and one way mirrored portholes. At first the researchers suspected this was an effect of the gas itself…
– After nine days the first of them started screaming. He ran the length of the chamber yelling at the top of his lungs for 3 hours straight, he continued attempting to scream but was only able to produce occasional squeaks. The researchers postulated that he had physically torn his vocal cords. The most surprising thing about this behavior is how the other captives reacted to it, or rather didn’t react to it. They continued whispering to the microphones until the second of the captives started to scream. The 2 non-screaming captives took the books apart, smeared page after page with their own feces and pasted them calmly over the glass portholes. The screaming promptly stopped… So did the whispering to the microphones.
– After 3 more days passed. The researchers checked the microphones hourly to make sure they were working, since they thought it impossible that no sound could be coming with 5 people inside. The oxygen consumption in the chamber indicated that all 5 must still be alive. In fact it was the amount of oxygen 5 people would consume at a very heavy level of strenuous exercise. On the morning of the 14th day the researchers did something they said they would not do to get a reaction from the captives, they used the intercom inside the chamber, hoping to provoke any response from the captives they were afraid were either dead or vegetables.
– “We are opening the chamber to test the microphones; step away from the door and lie flat on the floor or you will be shot. Compliance will earn one of you your immediate freedom.”
– To their surprise they heard a calm voice respond: “We no longer want to be freed.”
– Debate broke out among the researchers and the military forces funding the research. Unable to provoke any more response using the intercom it was finally decided to open the chamber at midnight on the 15th day.
– The chamber was flushed of the gas and filled with fresh air, immediately voices from the microphones began to object. 3 different voices began begging and pleading to turn the gas back on. The chamber was opened and soldiers went in to get the subjects. They began to scream louder than ever, and so did the soldiers when they saw what was inside. 4 of the 5 subjects were still alive, although no one could rightly call the state of any of them in ‘alive’
– The food rations past day 5 hadn’t been touched. There were chunks of meat ripped from the dead test subject and stuffed in the drain in the center of the chamber, blocking it and allowing 4 inches of water to pool on the floor. Precisely how much of it was actually blood was never determined. All four ‘surviving’ test subjects also had large portions of muscle and skin torn away from their bodies. The destruction of flesh and exposed bone on their finger tips indicated that the wounds were inflicted by hand, not with teeth as the researchers initially thought. Closer examination of the position and angles of the wounds indicated that most if not all of them were self-inflicted.
– The abdominal organs below the ribcage of all four test subjects were almost removed. While the heart, lungs and diaphragm remained in place, the skin and most of the muscles attached to the ribs had been ripped off, exposing the lungs through the ribcage. All the blood vessels and organs remained intact, they had just been taken out and laid on the floor, fanning out around the eviscerated but still living bodies of the subjects. The digestive tract of all four could be seen to be working, digesting food. It quickly became apparent that what they were digesting was their own flesh that they had ripped off and eaten over the course of days.
– Most of the soldiers were Russian special operatives at the facility, but still many refused to return to the chamber to remove the test subjects. They continued to scream to be left in the chamber and alternately begged and demanded that the gas be turned back on, lest they fall asleep…
– To everyone’s surprise the test subjects put up a fierce fight in the process of being removed from the chamber. One of the Russian soldiers died from having his throat ripped out, another was gravely injured by having his testicles ripped off and an artery in his leg severed by one of the subject’s teeth. Another 5 of the soldiers lost their lives if you count ones that committed suicide in the weeks following the incident.
– In the struggle one of the four living subjects had his spleen ruptured and he bled out almost immediately. The medical researchers attempted to sedate him but this proved impossible. He was injected with more than ten times the human dose of a morphine derivative and still fought like a cornered animal, breaking the ribs and arm of one doctor. When heart was seen to beat for a full two minutes after he had bled out to the point there was more air in his vascular system than blood. Even after it stopped he continued to scream and flail for another 3 minutes, struggling to attack anyone in reach and just repeating the word “MORE” over and over, weaker and weaker, until he finally fell silent.
– The surviving three test subjects were heavily restrained and moved to a medical facility, the two with intact vocal cords continuously begging for the gas demanding to be kept awake…
– The most injured of the three was taken to the only surgical operating room that the facility had. In the process of preparing the subject to have his organs placed back within his body it was found that he was effectively immune to the sedative they had given him to prepare him for the surgery. He fought furiously against his restraints when the anesthetic gas was brought out to put him under. He managed to tear most of the way through a 4 inch wide leather strap on one wrist, even through the weight of a 200 pound soldier holding that wrist as well. It took only a little more anesthetic than normal to put him under, and the instant his eyelids fluttered and closed, his heart stopped. In the autopsy of the test subject that died on the operating table it was found that his blood had triple the normal level of oxygen. His muscles that were still attached to his skeleton were badly torn and he had broken 9 bones in his struggle to not be subdued. Most of them were from the force his own muscles had exerted on them.
– The second survivor had been the first of the group of five to start screaming. His vocal cords destroyed he was unable to beg or object to surgery, and he only reacted by shaking his head violently in disapproval when the anesthetic gas was brought near him. He shook his head yes when someone suggested, reluctantly, they try the surgery without anesthetic, and did not react for the entire 6 hour procedure of replacing his abdominal organs and attempting to cover them with what remained of his skin. The surgeon presiding stated repeatedly that it should be medically possible for the patient to still be alive. One terrified nurse assisting the surgery stated that she had seen the patients mouth curl into a smile several times, whenever his eyes met hers.
– When the surgery ended the subject looked at the surgeon and began to wheeze loudly, attempting to talk while struggling. Assuming this must be something of drastic importance the surgeon had a pen and pad fetched so the patient could write his message. It was simple. “Keep cutting.”
– The other two test subjects were given the same surgery, both without anesthetic as well. Although they had to be injected with a paralytic for the duration of the operation. The surgeon found it impossible to perform the operation while the patients laughed continuously. Once paralyzed the subjects could only follow the attending researchers with their eyes. The paralytic cleared their system in an abnormally short period of time and they were soon trying to escape their bonds. The moment they could speak they were again asking for the stimulant gas. The researchers tried asking why they had injured themselves, why they had ripped out their own guts and why they wanted to be given the gas again.
Only one response was given: “I must remain awake.”
– All three subject’s restraints were reinforced and they were placed back into the chamber awaiting determination as to what should be done with them. The researchers, facing the wrath of their military ‘benefactors’ for having failed the stated goals of their project considered euthanizing the surviving subjects. The commanding officer, an ex-KGB instead saw potential, and wanted to see what would happen if they were put back on the gas. The researchers strongly objected, but were overruled.
– In preparation for being sealed in the chamber again the subjects were connected to an EEG monitor and had their restraints padded for long term confinement. To everyone’s surprise all three stopped struggling the moment heard about going back on the gas. It was obvious that at this point all three were putting up a great struggle to stay awake. The remaining subject was holding his head off his pillow and blinking rapidly. Having been the first to be wired for EEG most of the researchers were monitoring his brain waves in surprise. They were normal most of the time but sometimes flat lined inexplicably. It looked as if he were repeatedly suffering brain death, before returning to normal. As they focused on paper scrolling out of the brainwave monitor only one nurse saw his eyes slip shut at the same moment his head hit the pillow. His brainwaves immediately changed to that of deep sleep, then flatlined for the last time as his heart simultaneously stopped.
– The only remaining subject that could speak started screaming to be sealed in now. His brainwaves showed the same flatlines as one who had just died from falling asleep. The commander gave the order to seal the chamber with both subjects inside, as well as 3 researchers. One of the named three immediately drew his gun and shot the commander point blank between the eyes, then turned the gun on the mute subject and blew his brains out as well.
– He pointed his gun at the remaining subject, still restrained to a bed as the remaining members of the medical and research team fled the room. “I won’t be locked in here with these things! Not with you!” he screamed at the man strapped to the table. “WHAT ARE YOU?” he demanded. “I must know!”
– The subject just grinned and said “Have you forgotten so easily? We are you. We are the madness that lurks within you all, begging to be free at every moment in your deepest animal mind. We are what you hide from in your beds every night. We are what you sedate into silence and paralysis when you go to the nocturnal haven where we cannot tread.”
– The researcher paused. Then aimed at the subject’s heart and fired. The EEG flatlined as the subject weakly choked out, “So… nearly… free…”
(Thank you to Haunted America Tours, YouTube, All the Wiki.s, R. Sarchie’s mentioned book, the Order of Exorcists, and various other sources on the Occult and Demonology.)